This policy outlines
- What information we collect about you and why when you visit our website, sign up for our newsletter, subscribe to our mailing list or enter into a business relationship with Charlie Brown Photography.
- How we use your personal information.
- How we protect your personal information.
- What rights you have in relation to the personal information that we hold about you.
Charlie Brown Photography is deemed to be a ‘data controller’. Unless we are obliged or permitted to do so by law, we will not disclose of any of your data to another third party without your consent.
We will never pass your information to any company so that they may market their products to you.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We may collect the following information, which includes personal information from you, when you provide your details to us via an opt in form, when you subscribe to a newsletter or request for some information to be sent to you:
- Name and address.
- Contact details such as email addresses or telephone numbers.
- IP Address of the computer.
If you enter into a business relationship with Charlie Brown Photography, we will also collect payment details, but we will not retain a record of this information, this will enable us to carry out our services for you.
WHY WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
The personal information collected will be used by us to:
- Provide you with the information that you have requested, including updates, potential competitions and services from us which we feel may be of interest to you.
- Include you in the subscription process in order that you receive the newsletter or any other information that you may have requested.
- Contact you to discuss any queries you may have.
- Fulfil and provide the service, that you have requested and made payment for.
- Accountancy Purposes.
WHY CAN WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We will contact you on the understanding that you have submitted your personal details, requesting further information from us, which we deem to be a legitimate interest or there is a potential to establish a contract with you.
- In the event that you sign up for a service/membership with us, we will be using your personal information to enable us to fulfil the contract that you will have with us (in which event you will receive notification of any other information we may need to collect).
- If you have provided a testimonial for our use, we deem this to be a legitimate business interest.
- For legal requirements we have for accountancy purposes.
- If you have provided consent for us to provide you with marketing emails to keep you updated about our business.
WHO MIGHT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION BE PROVIDED TO?
We will only share your personal information with trusted partners that we require to fulfil our obligations to you. If we do share it, we will ensure the necessary due diligence is carried out, so we are confident the necessary regulations are being met.
Your personal information may be shared with other companies to help us analyse and better understand our customers and their requirements.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To keep your personal data secure, we store it using standard encryption and information security practices proportionate for our business. This means that your information is only accessible to our those who are authorised to do so and only within our approved locations. If your data is transmitted to any of our trusted partners, appropriate security measures are in place to ensure this isn’t intercepted.
If you have an account with us or Shootproof gallery, it is your responsibility to ensure you keep your username and password secure.
LOCATION OF YOUR DATA
The recipients of any personal data submitted on the website will be limited to Charlie Brown Photography and data is retained in the UK. There may be operational requirements to transfer your data outside of the UK, and this may occur as a result of the 3rd parties that we use, however if we do this the same degree of protection is given to your personal data as if it was stored and used within the UK and regulated in line with it’s laws.
RETENTION PERIOD OF YOUR DATA
Your data will be retained for as long as necessary in line with the legal reasons for utilising this data. If you require further information, this is available upon request.
In relation to the data that we hold about you, you may have the following rights:
- Right to be informed – you have the right to ask to see what data we hold about you.
- Right to access – to your personal data. If you wish to obtain a copy of the information, we hold about you please contact the relevant individual (contact details below) in writing with the subject ‘Subject Access Request’. Generally, the information will be provided within one month, however, please be aware that we will take necessary takes to evidence your identity prior to releasing any personal information for your own security.
- Right to rectification – if you believe the information, we hold about you to be incorrect or incomplete you have the right to ensure this rectified. For further information please contact the individual stated below. This rectification should typically be complete within one month.
- Right to erasure – also known as the right to be forgotten. In specific circumstances you will have the right to have your personal data erased or to prevent processing. We can refuse your request for erasure if we have a legal obligation to continue to hold your data.
- Right to object – you can ask us to stop contacting you or marketing to you by writing, calling or emailing us at [email protected]
Further information can be obtained from [email protected]
RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLIANT
Whilst we would like to be given the opportunity to put right any issues you may have initially; you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have handled your personal data.
https://ico/org.uk/complain 0303 123 1113
POLICY LAST UPDATED: December 2021